I’m super excited to share witrh you this « oh so delicious place » in Paris… I swear it’s hot, so hot (you know, when you eat spices…). The restaurant I’m talking about is called Baan Boran and is managed by a whole thai family (such a nice family, you’ll see).
Basically, it’s located in front of the Palais Royal Theater, rue Monptensier. You couldn’t find a restaurant in a better place: you have a quick access to Les colonnes de Buren, you’re not far from the Louvre and it takes 2 minutes to go to Galerie Vivienne (by foot).
5 reasons to eat in Baan Boran:
- Waiters and waitresses are really pleasant
- Almost every dishes are amazing and so tasty
- The atmosphere is comfortable and zen
- Menus are affordable (it’s worthy, especially for lunch because you have a starter, a main dish and a dessert for only 16€)
- It’s well located and it’s cool to gather around
My top 5 dishes to order:
- Papaya salad (with a sweet sauce and peanuts)
- Chicken sauted with thai basil and oignons + red peppers
- Sticky rice (because it’s a crime not to order sticky rice in Asian restaurants)
- Red Coconut Curry (with chicken/beef/schrimps or vegan)
- Vegan Pad Thai with tofu, peanuts and loads of veggies
Last, but not least, never skip dessert because their ice creams are wonderful: I often order 3 scoops of Yuzu, passion fruit and coconut… But don’t forget to try the mango soup, which is suprisingly hot, made with coconut milk…
Baan Boran, what else?
–> 43 Rue de Montpensier, 75001 Paris